Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Whole30 Days 6-8

I'm behind on my posting in part because the internet at my office has been on the fritz and not allowing me to connect my laptop to the wireless.

The last three days have been ok. I think I'm sleeping better. Saturday night I was STARVING! And I didn't even work out on Saturday, so I'm assuming there's still some level of adjustment happening here. And while I didn't have consistent cravings for chocolate last week, I did all damn weekend. That's all I could think about was chocolate. And cake. I wanted cake. I've been waking up hungry, which is good. And I'm still tired at night when it's time to go to bed. I'm not getting as much reading done as I'd like at night, but I'm totally up to date on my grading, and the work that I can get done during the day has significantly improved. Still got the afternoon slump, and this weekend I did wake up with some headaches, but I think that I need more water more than anything.

One of the things that I really like about the Whole30, and even the Whole Life Challenge is the reflective part of it. I have really been doing a whole lot of soul searching since doing the Whole Life Challenge from Sept. to Nov., and the thing that I keep coming back to is how much I really want to write. I do love, most of the time, being a professor. Don't get me wrong. And while it was something that I worked really really hard to get to, and while I cannot quit my job just to try to become a writer, it's not truly where my heart is. I mean, I even like academic writing, and I want to write my book, but I would prefer that writing were my career. But I've never tried to publish any sort of creative writing, and I think this summer that will be something that I will work on once I get my article sent out--practically, I need the security of tenure and a job before I can worry about what I want to do, but I need to make time for it.

In short, the Whole30 has helped reaffirm for me what I want to do. The Hartwigs are correct: It starts with food, and it also goes well beyond food, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment