Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Whole30, Days 15-21

I have some serious catching up to do.

Last week was a week of adjustment. Boudreaux came back from three weeks of training, my parents left, and my aunt came in to help with the Swee'Pea. Baby Girl also cut a new tooth during this time as well. Fortunately, we had two snow days so that was nice just in terms of being able to spend time with my aunt and to relax a little bit. It also meant that I didn't get anything for work done. I was able to get some more cooking done, which was really really nice.

The truth is, I'm just totally and completely done with this semester. It's a struggle now to make it through these last two weeks. Hopefully though in this entry I can work out some stuff and get sufficiently motivated for the end here.

Because we were all adjusting to some changes in our surroundings, last week was a bit rough. I didn't sleep for three days. Really through no real fault of his own, the hubs woke the baby up each morning he went to work. And because of the tooth issue and perhaps some reflux issues, she just was restless at night and kept waking me up. So I did not sleep very soundly or well. And I think that part of that was that lack of sleep meant a cup of coffee at like 1 in the afternoon, which was a bit late for me to be having caffeine, so I think that contributed to my sleeplessness. Plus, I just could not, for the life of me, get my psoas to release, and we were out of ibuprofen, so I was just a total mess. And while I can moan and wish that I was getting that deep wonderful sleep I got in the beginning and complain that it's not fair and that something's wrong here with my Whole30, I know in part it was probably from dehydration and more caffeine than I was used to. However, how much worse would I have felt had I NOT been doing the Whole30. I have to believe that I got much better sleep than if I weren't on week three.

My saving grace last week though was having all of the food prepped and ready to go. Most nights it didn't take me more than 30 minutes to cook. I took advantage of the snow day and got some meat marinated and cut up beforehand so all I had to do was throw those into the pan. I've got most of the food for this week prepped, not all, but Mom is back in town, so she'll be able to help. But at least what last week showed me was that if I can get everything prepped and ready to go, even with a baby, I can get dinner done. And more often than not, I was able to cook in between her eating and getting her ready for bed even if it meant that it had to sit on the stove or in the oven on warm until after she went to sleep, but still, it kept us from having to eat at 7 or 8 most nights. Prepping is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment