Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Whole30, Day 22

Yesterday was a painfully long day. I was in asleep before 9pm.

The last couple of nights though, even after the bad sleeping of last week, I seem to be getting right at 8 hours. I mean, I will still often wake up before my alarm. And almost to the minute, too. Like Sunday night I turned out the lights at 10:07 and was asleep shortly after that. I woke up at 6:06. This morning was a little different. About 9 pm to 4:49 am. Almost a full 8 hours. But I laid in bed for almost another hour.

I am feeling much better today than yesterday. I had a good workout this morning. The clothes I wore yesterday and clothes I have on today are significantly looser than they were when I bought them as part of my postpartum new wardrobe shopping spree since I'm still nowhere close to pre-pregnancy weight.

And while I do really really want to be able to get back into the clothes I have in my closet and be able to wear my summer clothes without having to buy another new wardrobe, I am trying really hard not to focus on weight loss, but more about, to borrow from Melissa Joulwan, using the Whole30 to be or get closer to my best self. My best self is not defined by weight or clothes or even performance at the box. And I feel like I've made many improvements since starting this 23 days ago. I am better focused on my work than I was in at the beginning of the quarter (albeit bored and ready for the quarter to end and more looking forward to next quarter). I'm feeling a little bit more hopeful about being able to get some writing done next quarter. And I feel like I'll be able to get some work done over spring break for my classes that will help me be able to focus more on my work throughout the quarter, that is if the little one stays healthy, too, which knock wood, she has been.

Things seem to be a little bit brighter today, so here's hoping to finishing up strong this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment