Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Whole30 Day 9

I feel like I've been sleeping better. I'm tore up from CrossFit and had to take today off. I've got a very large bruise on my leg from rope climbing and the foam roller. And it just hurts.  Today was a rowing day, and I think that movement would have moved me from pain to injury.

I haven't hit the "kill all the things" stage yet, but I think my biggest problem right now is not getting enough water. I need to bring a water pitcher to work (with a filter) because the water here, to me, smells and tastes chlorinated, and I don't like the way it tastes, and I teach for over two hours straight, so I do get parched. I need to be doing more mobility, too.

Other than that, things are rolling right along here. I found yesterday that I was thinking of chocolate but not how good it would taste. Rather I was sort of put off by the thought of it. The idea of eating something sweet right now (other than fruit), hurts my head and stomach to think about it. I would like some wine though, but given that I'm not hydrated enough, I'm glad that I can't have any.

I haven't given a food update lately either. All of our dinners have come from Melissa Joulwan's Well Fed 2. And everything has been simply amazing. My mom does most of the cooking right now, but she's commented on how easy it it. However, we are behind on prep and groceries this week because we thought the fridge conked out on us. However, before the parents go out of town, next week's meals will be bought and prepped. That is a must because that is the thing which might derail all of this since I won't have four extra hands around the house, so organization tomorrow and Friday is the key here. And Swee'Pea's food has to get made up as well.

Breakfast we still haven't tired of: sweet potato, two poached eggs. Sometimes fruit. Coffee black. It is the perfect breakfast. I should add some fat like an avocado or something (which appears with the lunches on occasion), but it works for me and mom. Lunches have been either leftovers, chicken salad or tuna salad, salad greens, oil, balsamic vinegar, and fruit.

That's it for now. No new struggles or developments to report, so yay! Aside from the headache due to dehydration (and muscle soreness), all is really really good. I will say this, I do feel much more even keel right now, too. And my clothes seem to be fitting a bit better. All giant pluses!

No comments:

Post a Comment