Thursday, February 6, 2014

Whole30 Days 10-11

We're on Day 11 here. All goes fairly well, although this is the first real mood swinging I've had since starting on the Whole30. It could be the weather. It could be the stress of what all needs to get done in the next two days before my parents leave, so I feel really under the gun. The quarter is getting to me, too. I am ready for it to be over. I've sort of lost interest in what I'm teaching this quarter, sadly.

My headaches are finally going away. I think dehydration was the culprit. My hunger seems to be evening out. I think I'm getting enough to eat now finally or my body is adjusting.

One thing though that I noticed this morning, and my mom said the same thing before I even mentioned it, but when I woke up, I just felt lighter and way less bloated. I don't think I've actually lost weight or anything, maybe inches (and don't worry, I won't cheat by getting on the scale "just out of curiosity"), but I just felt lighter. Sleep seems to be getting better. I can't seem to get more than seven straight hours though. I need more than that I feel like, but I wake up after 7 hours (if I haven't gotten up to pee). I feel like I need a night or two where I can just sleep 9 hours straight, but even going to bed early enough to where I could get 8.5 even with the alarm set, I've been waking before I want to; however, I think I'd rather wake before I want to than to be awakened by an alarm. Oh well. I won't complain too much.

Even though I do feel tired, I have noticed an improvement in my performance already at CF, even after just a week of being back. I am tore up and sore and bruised, but I feel like I'm improving/regaining strength fairly rapidly, all things considered. I do feel good about that. Last week I made it to CF three times; this week I'll hit four times. My goal for next week is M-F.

Overall, feeling so much better. Everyone around me seems to be getting sick again, getting sick for the first time, relapsing, or still sick, and for the first time this year, I don't feel sick or like I'm getting sick, and that was one of my hopes for this Whole30 as well, to help get my immune system back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment