Monday, February 10, 2014

Whole30 Days 13-14

Survived the weekend with leftovers and easy food. And I even survived having a delicious, amazing, sweet smelling king cake sitting on my table. It's packed up and in the freezer. It was hard to remember not to lick my fingers after cutting it up to freeze it.

I am hoping for a snow day. We won't actually get snow, but we're supposed to get lots of ice and stuff, which is enough to shut things down around here. It's the last two weeks of the quarter. I'm tired. I'm unmotivated. While I had a very productive week in terms of grading and stuff the last two weeks, I cannot bring myself to get that stuff done right now. I know I said this before I think, but I'm way more interested in what I'm teaching next quarter than what I'm finishing up right now. My heart just really is not in it at all right now.

Since the Whole30 has really helped clear a lot of the junk, both literally and metaphorically, out of my system, I feel like it's helping me put things into perspective as things clear out. I have spent a lot of time re-evaluating what I want out of my life and what's important to me since the Whole Life Challenge in October, and I find that the things I thought I wanted in my life, some of the goals that I had, I just don't care about them anymore because I have found that other things have more meaning for me. Maybe it's a bit of PPD talking here, maybe not--and honestly, that's one of the things I've got to figure out, too. Am I actually really thinking clearly, or am I not? This is another reason why I think I need to extend the Whole30 to a Whole60. I don't need wine or sugar clouding my brain as I try to figure out how to get to where I want to be.

I have been waking in the middle of the night the last few nights. I don't know if that's because I've been on baby monitor duty and my instincts wake me up to check on her through the video monitor, or if I'm hot or have to pee or a combination of all of the above. Granted, this is perfect or a total miracle, but I can tell the toll interrupted sleep is having. That being said, more water in the afternoons helps tremendously, and I'm still waking up before the alarm (which is so much nicer!) and doing well in the gym. Appetite seems to have leveled out a bit. All in all, as I hit the halfway point here, despite really wanting a pizza today, all things seem to be going very well. Aside from my psoas being super tight and needing more mobility, I'm very pleased with how this is going this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment