Saturday, February 8, 2014

Whole30 Day 12

I was exhausted yesterday. I think that had more to do with 4 days of CrossFit this week, which is way more than I've done in eight weeks I think. Plus, I knew what all I needed to get done when I got home. I needed to get another four batches of the Swee'Pea's food and then get the food for the week prepped. We're going into week 3 here of the Whole30, my parents are going to be gone, and so that means I'm left to cook and and prep and all of that, and I really didn't want to put myself into a situation to where I'm stressed out, tired, and hungry and having to deal with the baby and not wanting to eat at 8 am and being stuck without anything ready to cook. But I've got two meals fully prepped. I've got about half of one meal prepped (I'm missing the lettuce, and then the chicken would need to be cut that day), and the other "big" meal of the week is spaghetti squash and meat sauce and that can wait until my aunt gets here for me to prep/make in advance. I've got a couple of sweet potatoes to peel that I forgot about. One night is leftovers, and one night will be bacon and eggs, so we're covered I think here. And then I can make the chicken salad for lunch tomorrow and prep the fruits for breakfasts and lunch. I have a bit more to do than I wanted to, but the tedious chopping is done at least.

I'm a little bit down now, too, but I think that has more to do with the parents leaving today. They'll be back, but it is really really going to suck when they actually go back home for good. I'm not going to like that at all.

All in all though, the Whole30 is going well. I am about 75% sure that I'm going to extend it to a Whole60. I need it. I really feel like I do. My performance in the gym is improving pretty rapidly, and I need that confidence boost right now (though I think I may need to coat my shoulders in some tiger balm though, not that that has anything to do with anything), and I really want to get rid of the baby weight, honestly in a large part because I don't want to have to buy another summer wardrobe (as I believe I mentioned). The summer before last I bought a bunch of new clothes. Then last summer I bought a bunch of postpartum summer clothes. I don't want to have to spend money on summer clothes for a 3rd summer in a row. I can't afford it. Plus, honestly, I'm just feeling so much better. I mean, I know the Whole30 is not designed to be a Whole365, but I do honestly need keep it more around 90/10 when I finish the Whole30 or Whole60 as the case may be. And honestly, if need be, it may even become a Whole90. We'll see, but I do feel like I need a Whole60.

Today is Day 13. Headaches are gone. I'm pretty sure that they were a dehydration issue. And I think the other part of it was stiffness, and I've been working more on my mobility, so that's helped, too.

And today, since it's just me and the baby until my aunt shows up, I'm going to just relax. I really tend to do little other than that on Saturdays anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment