Friday, January 31, 2014

Whole30 Days 4-5

Just a quick little post tonight to catch up here. So far, the Whole30 has been going well. Last night was really the first night that I was just dying for some chocolate. Aside from the first night, last night I really wanted some dark chocolate M&Ms, maybe some dark chocolate squares, some chocolate ice cream. And today when I got home from a meeting that was about 45 minutes too long, I just wanted some wine and to veg out. But I know I'll sleep better tonight and feel better tomorrow not having had either of those two things.

Pretty much though what I was hoping for at least in terms of focus, concentration, and work, the Whole30 has already done what I hoping it would. In terms of my grading and getting the nitty gritty stuff for work done, and grading when the stuff comes in, I've been doing that all week, and getting through it reasonably as well. Now, I still have a lot of prep to do this weekend, so we'll see how that gets done at night after everyone goes to bed and if I can still focus and then still sleep well. I still need to negotiate balance, and food won't do that, but there has already been a marked difference in my being able to have a quick turn around with the grading.

My plan for tomorrow is to sleep until the baby wakes up, go to CF, get back in my pjs, read while she's sleeping, and then veg and relax for the rest of the day, and then Sunday I'll work on organizing things and such.

Despite the cravings, which I expected, and the occasional headache, the first five days have gone very well I think. Here's to the next six and making it past day 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment