Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Whole30 Day 1

I survived Day 1. Barely though. I forgot that I had started and almost bought some Reese's buttercups at the store. And last night all I could think was, "oooh, some M&Ms would be the perfect follow up to this dinner!"And I had had a really long day and just wanted some wine. It was my first day back at CF after three weeks, and the baby was fussy, and I was exhausted and still had all of this work to do, and I was just like, "well, maybe I'll restart tomorrow. I want some wine. I *need* some wine." But I did not give in, which felt notable in and of itself, so I had some kombucha instead.

Already some things I've noticed:
  • Last night, for the first time in weeks, perhaps even months, I was not wired when I went to bed. Actually, I fell asleep twice while I was reading and trying to prep for class--not good for work, but clearly the cortisol levels were where they should have been in the evening. I think part of that had to do with working out for the first time in weeks as well, but in all honesty, it felt sooooooo good to be tired at 8:30 and not totally wired and pumped up. 
  • I also slept really really well. Granted, my parents had the baby monitor (we're alternating nights so that if she does get up, I don't have more than one sleepless/interrupted night at a time as I have been sick and so I don't relapse), but I woke up only because I was hot, shortly after I fell asleep, but had no trouble falling back asleep. I woke up a bit earlier than I wanted to, and before my alarm went off, and while that extra time would have been nice, I wasn't like "oh, I want 10 more hours of sleep!" I felt fairly rested this morning.
Tonight though might be a different story because I get the baby monitor tonight. The meal plan for the week is made. My timing for breakfast was off this morning, but I did have some eggs, and I did manage to get lunch in before class, so I should be good.

Yesterday's meals, fyi, if you're curious:
Breakfast: Poached eggs, sweet potato
Lunch: Chicken salad, salad greens with oil and balsamic vinegar, grapes
Dinner: Buffalo chicken salad (Well Fed 2--AMAZING!)

Today, thus far and on deck:
Breakfast: Poached eggs, grapes
Lunch: see yesterday (I tend to eat the same things for long stretches for breakfast and lunch. I don't really get bored; if I do, I mix it up with leftovers. Right now, convenience and ease and planning are key)
Dinner: Thai Basil Beef, cauliflower rice (Well Fed 2--I'm sure it will be amazing)

Poached eggs are my new favorite thing, and having them on top of sweet potatoes is the perfect breakfast right now. I need to add an orange or something in there, but it works for me.

And coffee, as always, is black.

I'm pretty tired right now at lunch, but this morning's workout was a beast, especially after a three week absence. My CF goals are M-Th, Saturdays. I'd like to return to a five day a week routine. All in all though, I feel a bit clearer, and no hangover yet.

Gotta jet to class now. Here's to a successful day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment