Monday, March 31, 2014

Whole30 Days 3-7 & More thoughts on the CF Open

I've made it through my first week.

The two things that I've done differently this time, cutting out the Spark and switching from butter to ghee*, have made a dramatic difference in how I feel this week versus how I felt that first week two months ago. Just a tiny little change like that, and wow. I was not expecting that much of a difference.

My sugar cravings? Pretty much gone at this point. I did want some king cake last night that's still hanging out in my freezer, but that was more out of habit than real want. For the last four weeks that had been my weekend treat. I didn't even think about it until last night, and I think that's because I wanted more dinner. And I have noticed a difference that I can't quite explain in cutting out the butter. I don't know what the difference is, but I feel a difference.

I also noticed a difference in how I've felt during my workouts this week, too. I mean, I was exhausted. I knew that going into last week that I'd be tired. By Wednesday I had felt like someone pulled my plug, and I was super cranky. (Good thing I only have office hours on Wednesdays!). On Thursday I didn't want to work out either, but I went and took it easy just in case 14.5 involved something that I couldn't do and I didn't want to have three days in a row with hardly a work out or none at all. So I took it easy. And 14.5 just knocked me out! Yesterday I was moving in slow motion for most of the day.

Saturday we did something that we haven't done since Swee'Pea was born--we all went downtown and just walked around. Boudreaux, Baby, Mom, and I all went to lunch then we just went out and enjoyed the day. It was a gorgeous day. It was so wonderful to just do something outside and relaxing. I got my hair done. I took an entire day off of work. It was really nice and really what I needed.

So, as I've said a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, the Open destroyed my self-confidence rather than building it up. I've had a bad attitude at the box. I've been down about what I can't do, what I used to do, what I'm struggling to do. I am happy to report at least that I got to end on a high note. When we watched the announcement for 14.5, my heart sank quite a bit because while thrusters and burpees are two movements I can do, the thrusters were at Fran RX, which I've only done in one other workout (never during Fran), maybe two work outs? And while I was a HUGE fan of burpees before I got pregnant, since the moment I was unable to do them, they have been one of the most energy sucking movements for me. But at least it was something I could do. But I was a little down because I thought that it was going to take me like 35-40 minutes to get through this. I mean, 84 thrusters and 84 burpees. But then I totally surprised myself, and everyone else at the box too. I finished right around most of the other girls. Well, not "right around," but I was not too far behind. Really only 2-3 minutes behind most of them. No one, least of all me, expected *that* to happen. So at least I got to end on a good note. I'm feeling a little bit better. We'll see. Next week is our "testing" week, so we'll see how well I actually am doing.

*yes, I know this means that I really probably wasn't totally Whole30 compliant a month ago, hence my inability to accomplish what I was hoping to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment