Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Whole30, Day 8

I woke up a little bit tired and sluggish yesterday, but by the time I got to CF, woah. The magic of the Whole30 like kicked in yesterday morning. I beat my husband on the run (never happened before), and I actually got work, that is writing, done toward my conference paper/article. I got some more reading done. I got some of Swee'Pea's food made. Then went off to teach the grad class last night. I was  still a bit awake when I went to bed, and it did take me a little bit to fall asleep, but I slept soundly the whole night. I woke up before I really wanted to, but it was only 15 minutes before the alarm.

Since we're "de-loading" this week in CF and doing our "testing" next week, I'm pleased that this coincides with week 2 of the Whole30. I'll get two full weeks of clean eating and some rest before I start looking for some one rep maxes, which I haven't done since Nov. of 2012. The other testing week I was able to do I think I made two of the days--they seem to fall when I've been sick, recovering, or something else. So I'm really looking forward to next week because I will have gotten two solid months of training under my belt and will have a good baseline even if it's not what I was able to do right when I got pregnant. I really don't know what I can do. And I want to get my 1RM so that way I can train smarter and let's face it, better.

I think I've already started to lose some inches. I've been able to wear, in public, some jeans that I bought back in October that were very close to fitting and if I would have been able to train and not gotten bit by the brown recluse and gotten surgery, would have been able to wear by the end of the Whole Life Challenge. So I've had these nice jeans that have been in my closet, past the return date, that I've been so close to getting in to. And now I can wear them. So I'm one step closer to pre-baby size. My larger workout clothes are fitting me better now, too, as in they are getting loser. I'm really a medium right now, but all I have are small and large, so I have to make do. The smaller ones are fitting better and will work when I have to wear them.

In short, I'm really feeling all the things I didn't feel two months ago, and it has to be cutting out the Spark and the butter. Like I said, those are the two big changes this time around, so I really am Whole30ing it this time. I mean, I felt incredible during and after the work out yesterday. Even the husband said, "Wow. What got into you? You were flying!" And I didn't even feel like I was. I just felt like I was going at a good steady pace. Everybody else was resting and breathing heavy, and I was just plugging along. We'll see if that keeps happening, but it felt good to feel good.

Now I must make my lunch before I head to the box. Have a good day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment