Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Whole30, up to Day 16

So we're on Day 16 now. Made it past the Day 10/11 mark, which was about when I really just wanted some chocolate. I don't know why. I think because it was the end of the week for me, and I was just tired. But then I hit a PR at the box on Friday, and I was sooooo glad for the Whole30. I'm really starting to notice a difference in how I feel, especially during my workouts. I'm feeling a bit better in the afternoons, too. I feel like I'm a bit more focused and more easily able to get through my class prep. And I feel like most nights, if the temp is the house is comfortable enough, I'm sleeping better, and when I get sleep, I'm not waking up exhausted or stressed.

The biggest difference though has been in the box and with my clothes. Jeans that fit but were just a tad uncomfortable (but wearable) even just a week ago are fitting better already. I didn't have to hold my stomach in Friday or Monday to get them on, and they were fine to sit in for extended periods without my having to undo the top button. And some of my shirts are fitting better across the bust, some not quite there yet, but getting there. And at CF, man, right now, I am feeling good! I'm still disappointed in how bad/weak my deadlifts still are post-baby; pregnancy really messed up the deadlift. But, I got my best ever (barely though, but still) back squat and strict press yesterday. Used a significantly smaller band today for the pull up and improved in the push ups, sit ups, and air squats from December. I've finally been able to get a good solid nearly 8 weeks of training under my belt, and really just within the last week have I started to actually feel strong, and I contribute as much of that to the Whole30 as I do to consistent training.

Since I am making great gains here and knowing that I still won't have achieved my goal of pre-baby size by the end of the Whole30, I am continuing on to the Whole Life Challenge that starts May 3rd. It's 60 days and more flexible than the Whole30 (the goals are different), and I think because of my stress level and given how easily I backslid 6 weeks ago, I think I need just a little bit more accountability before I take the training wheels off again. And part of why I'm doing it is because my sister needs to do it, so I started a team for us. We established a prize for the winner. I hope she does well at it.

Really what it's taken this time around is for me to see improvement in my workouts and for me to go down a dress size/half a dress size and to see my bigger sized clothes fitting really, really loosely. The effects of the Whole30 are really kicking in this time, and again, that big difference has been the elimination of Spark and butter. Such a little change that really does show that you have to comply to really feel the difference. I'm just really positive about my performance in the box right now. And I'm glad that we're doing "testing" this week because I haven't gotten maxes in a long, long, long time, so I don't know what I'm capable of right now, and to know that is going to help me get stronger. Anyway, yay for the Whole30 and yay for the next challenge so that by the time summer is in full swing, I may have finally re-established good food habits and be closer to getting my writing and research done. Here's to a successful second half the quarter, second half of testing week, and second half of the Whole30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment