Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Whole30, Days 9-10

Yesterday I felt pretty good. I was pretty cranky by the end of the day, and last night really was the first night that I wanted chocolate. Actually, it was the first time I had even thought about chocolate since this Whole30 started. But as today is Day 10, that seems about right.

After the energy burst on Monday, and the magic of Day 8 kicking in, the week is starting to take its toll. I didn't sleep particularly well last night, and since this is our de-load week and rest week, I thought I'd take the morning off and use it to read since I have to go out Saturday morning and buy a ball gown for Boudreaux's military banquet next week, so I'm going to lose part of my weekend there. It was worth it. I got a lot read this morning in a short time.

What I've noticed lately is that writing begets writing. So as I've been blogging this week, I've also been working on my article. And as I've been working on my article, I feel more and more like blogging. This tells me that I need to spend more of my life writing. It's clearly the thing that I love to do when I'm doing it. I wish writing were my profession. I don't know how to make it so.

Anyway, this week I'm going to attempt to clarify some butter so that I don't have to keep spending lots of money on ghee. I want to try to make my own. And perhaps in the next two weeks I'll attempt some homebrew kombucha. That'll save me lots of money too actually.

Things seem to be going well this week. We're behind on the food prep. Our Sunday got thrown off, but we'll get back on track this weekend.

I am way more pleased this time around than last time. It is going way better than I thought it would, and I wish I would have been better about this two months ago. But, the universe clearly wants me to be doing this now, and I clearly need to be doing this right now, so it's all good. Last time I still had some serious cravings. Lately though, the thought of something like pizza does nothing for me but make my stomach turn. So, I don't think about it. I am far more satisfied with what we're cooking at home than I am with what we could get for take out.

Now I must go work on that article, eat, read, and grade. I've got two hours to get a little bit of everything in. I think it'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment