Saturday, July 28, 2012

Days 19-23 (Recap)

Well, Boudreaux is officially out. He cheated on Sunday with the chips as I mentioned last time, then again on Thursday with some more chips when we went out for fajitas again (I think I'm just a little tired of salads at the moment), and then when we found out that he has a work start date of Aug. 1, well, he really really wanted to celebrate with some beer and he did. He's done. I appreciate that he made it this far with me though. Am I a little jealous? Yes. Did I stick my face in the basket of chips and take a loooooong inhale of their fried goodness? Yes. Did I sniff his beer? Yes. Did I cave? No.

I think I might be PMSing because yesterday was really the first day that I wanted chocolate. But, surprisingly that desire was short lived. I wasn't actually craving it. I just wanted some. But I didn't have any.

Boudreaux stated that he felt really terrible Friday morning during the work out which he attributed to the beer. He was moving slooooooow, too. He said Friday morning he felt dehydrated and bloated. This made me feel better because I didn't give in and felt just fine. :)

Yesterday we had some errands to run so we ate out again for lunch--I found some fajitas--it's such an easy Paleo eating out meal--I subbed extra chicken and veggies for rice, beans, sour cream, and tortillas, and added some guacamole. And admittedly we have been eating out a lot of fajitas this week, but I think we're just tired and the stress of waiting to find out when Boudreaux was actually going to start work started to wear on the both of us. Anyway, since Boudreaux had beer the night before and he was officially done, he got pizza. A big sausage and pepperoni stuffed pizza topped with bacon and oozing with cheese. And you know what? He said, "pizza is not as good as I remember it being. This was really disappointing." Ha! I'm proud of that awareness in him. Again, it also makes me feel better for not giving in.

He has come to the conclusion, too, that our house should be a fairly strict Paleo house with the freedom to eat non-Paleo if we choose when we go out to eat (which, especially when he starts his job, will be limited). To be fair, his Whole30 was going to end this weekend anyway because he's at drill, and well, Army food is not very Paleo compliant.

I'm still feeling pretty good actually. I mean, I really like feeling great in the morning for my work outs. I like being able to get out of bed without any problem. I like that I don't need five million cups of coffee in the morning anymore. I like that even though I'm pretty sure I'm PMSing, my face isn't totally broken out, usually a tell-tale sign along with rampant mood swings and cramps and aches, but right now I'm not feeling any of that. The only suspicious thing is a tad bit of bloating and some body image issues, despite my clothes fitting better and being able to get into clothes I previously had either never been able to wear or been able to get into in years. And my sugar cravings are pretty much gone. I want food because I'm hungry, not because I'm "craving" anything in particular really. That's a very liberating thing actually.

And now I have to make a cucumber and tomato salad that I promised to bring to the CrossFit BBQ after class this morning. I need to get a move on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment