Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 7 (Recap)

Finally! I had a great run yesterday!! Woot!

I think I'm taking today off though. I'm sore from my neck to my feet. I clearly haven't hit that point again where I can work out for 7-10 days without rest. Plus, I still think there are some allergy stuff going on here, too which seems weird to have allergies in July, but I wasn't in this part of the country in July last year, so maybe that's it. And for the first time really since we started this thing, I didn't sleep that well last night--mostly because of the dog, but I had been able to sleep through his shenanigans thus far. However, we think he has some sort of bug bite because he was way more active than usual and he was whining a lot last night, too.

However, yesterday was the first day since we started that I didn't have a total afternoon slump. I had energy out the wazoo, even with a 6 mile run earlier in the day. And it was dreary, too--storms all afternoon. Maybe I was just in a good mood because we got to go shopping and get some stuff that we had been wanting for a long time that we perceived that we needed. Like I finally, after about two years of pining got THIS, which is a substitute for the fact that I will never be able to afford this. My blender is nearly on the fritz. The motor just wasn't made to be used every day. And it wasn't made for heavy duty daily use of frozen stuff to make smoothies and shakes. And sometimes she sounds like she's dying a slower blender death. I should add as well that she's also over a decade old so she needs to retire. The new blender is one that will get used nearly every single day, so that purchase was totally worth it.

The other major purchase we made yesterday was a vacuum sealer which will go hand in hand with the chest freezer we hope to purchase this weekend. Our freezer sucks (it's the landlord's fridge, and we're not buying a fridge until we actually own our own home), and it's way small which is a problem for me because I like to buy a lot of meat at a time, and ideally, I'd like to be able to make a bunch of food on the weekend and be able to freeze for later in the week or whatever. Even storing the meat in double freezer bags doesn't keep the frostbite out, and as I like to buy a bunch of food at once, I'm hoping it will help with the veggies and stuff, too. Although we've gotten considerably better about our veggies and fruits not getting wasted. It's rare now when we have to throw something away because it went bad. So we got that and bags and stuff. I'd like to have a food dehydrator so I can try to make my own jerky, but that one might have to wait until Christmas or something. I still have to make sure we have money to start paying stuff off and pay bills because we still don't know for sure when the Boudreaux will start work.

Boudreaux however dropped a bombshell on me yesterday when he told me that he's been steadily hungry this whole time! Poor guy! This means I've got to get some more fat in his diet to make up for some extra calories. I'm looking into these for him (as soon as I get that military discount code!) for his afternoon snacks, and clearly he needs to be having some more fats with lunch. From what I can gather then, that's really the only thing that Boudreaux has been struggling with the past week.

I feel like perhaps the energy is on the upswing. I have found the last couple of days that I've been exhausted in the evenings which is a change from the first couple of days where I was "wired but tired" and needed to try to wind down first (which indicates that the cortisol hormone is out of whack), but yesterday, by 8:30, I was ready for bed which I take as a good sign because that means that I've had a full day. I think I was also so tired early too because I wasn't tired in the afternoon, so I didn't nap. All positive things.

Now if I can just get my allergies to take a hike, things may start to pick up faster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment