Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 1 (Recap)

We made it through Day 1!

In some ways, not that bad. In others, it sort of sucked because we got really good news that Boudreaux got a job, so our first impulse would have been to go out to eat and then crack open a couple of bottles of wine.

Instead, we checked out a sale and then since Boudreaux gave himself a headache with all the excitement of job getting and the like, we did lounge around for the rest of the afternoon. So really, if we can make it past day 1 without saying "hey, we'll just start tomorrow; let's celebrate tonight!" then we might be okay.

Honestly though, I think the hangovers helped because neither of us wanted to even think about a celebratory drink here at all.

Tonight might be more difficult because we're going out with some friends, I think. I have no idea what's going actually, but anyway.

I will say this though, I slept amazing last night. Totally! I think some of it has to do with Boudreaux getting the job, part of it had to do with not drinking a bottle of wine or having a bunch of cooked fruit after dinner, and part had to do with some good balanced eating throughout the day. It was hard though not to weigh myself before bed last night, and the first thing I did this morning was look for the scale, so that's going to be tough.

Boudreaux I know did not sleep so well because he's super excited about his job.

Now I'm off to workout before it gets to be too hot to do so, and then I need to finish up all my grading today so that it's done, and I don't have to think about it anymore. 

Would you like to know what we ate?
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with sweet pepper and spinach, 3 pieces of bacon, leftover cucumber and tomato salad.
(I was starving still about 30 minutes later because of my run, so I had some of the paleo cobbler I made for the 4th).
Lunch: Leftovers--grilled tri-tip, andouille, giant green salad (1/2 the plate was salad), leftover roasted carrots, leftover bbq hamburgers. Then I was still starving and I finished the paleo cobbler. (all the meat portions were really small--maybe about 1 oz. sausage, 2 oz steak or less, and a 1/4 pd. hamburger)
Dinner: BBQ chicken breast, cocoa roasted cauliflower, giant ass green salad with sliced cucumbers and diced tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment