Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 2 (Recap)

I hate to report that Day 2 was not as great as Day 1. Mostly because it was a friend's birthday and we went out to eat, and sometimes the restaurants around here suck.

We started at one place, they were out of the booze our friends ordered (three different types!) and out of the food that made our friends pick the restaurant for a birthday meal in the first place.

We went to a steak house instead, which one would think would be Paleo friendly, but this one really wasn't. They were also out of one of the things that like four of us wanted to order. Plus, by the time we actually got our food, it was almost 10 pm. That's really really late to eat, especially since I didn't plan on staying up for a couple of more hours to let my food digest properly. The steak and veggies were over seasoned, as were the sweet potato fries, which were good, but there was some question as to whether or not they had their own fry section or if they were fried in the same baskets and oil as the stuff covered in gluten. Even though I didn't drink, I woke up this morning feeling congested and hung over.

While I slept well, my internal clock is basically set to about 6:10 a.m. So really, whether I go to bed at 9 or midnight, I'm up naturally sometime between 6-6:30. I really need to get a better blackout sleep mask, too. That might help on those nights when we go to bed later.

I woke up very sinusey, too. I may have reached my limit on the amount of steak I can consume in one night, but I think it was the seasoning, which, unfortunately might have had some sort of gluten in it. I could still taste the seasoning this morning when I woke up.

Oh well, the only dinner dates we have as far as I know will either be over here with others or just the two of us. We should probably go to the grocery today as I'm not sure what the status of going to the g'parents' tomorrow is, but at least I have the day to recoup and relax and nap if I need it. And I'm finally hungry for breakfast now, so I'll go eat. Here's to a better Day 3.

Things so far that I've noticed the past two days: super deep solid no waking up in the middle of the night even when the husband or dogs move around sleep. That has been lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment