Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 3 (Recap)

Sort of hit or miss yesterday actually.

I didn't work out, so I felt a little sluggish, but I allowed myself to nap a couple of times. My headache was I think allergy induced. I woke up with another headache this morning, and Boudreaux thinks that I may be going through some sort of detox--even though I've avoided gluten for over three months now, I've not avoided grains, so he thinks that there may be some cross sensitivity here that my body is acknowledging. And perhaps it's also some kind of chocolate and alcohol withdrawal, too. Plus, I think my body is adjusting to the lack of school stress, too. You know that moment when you're body sort of gives out because you've been working to exhaustion the last few weeks? I think that's part of that, too.

My sugar cravings were bad yesterday. An acceptable amount of fruit after dinner (but I'm trying to avoid sugar, even "healthy" sugars after dinner). We went to bed sort of late and I actually slept in, so I'm working on day two of no workouts--by the time I got up, even though it was only 8:30, it was already too hot to go for a run, and today's Cross Fit W.O.D. involved sprints.

All that being said, I'm sleeping like a log! Full, solid, uninterrupted, even by dogs and husband sleep. Once I fall asleep, I'm out. And it doesn't take long either after my head hits the pillow either. There's no tossing and turning, even as hot as it's been. That is soooooo nice.

So tonight we'll have another good dinner (last night was curry beef stew), go to bed earlier so I can get up and work out and run before the heat kicks in.

And Boudreaux seems to be doing well, too. I need to add snacks to the menu for him and figure out some portable meals that he can take for lunch with him in between classes that don't involve a microwave or assembly or the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment