Thursday, February 2, 2017

Day 2-4

Day 2 was still kind of crappy. I noticed that my energy was perhaps a bit more even during the early part of the day, but by afternoon, despite enough calories at lunch (although I need a better balance), I was not a nice person. I was foggy and grumpy. And starving, and I just wanted something sweet. Or peanut butter. And a kill cliff. I was jonesing for a kill cliff.

But day 3 I woke up a little less bloated. Yesterday I had a ton of energy and felt really good until about 6. I could have gone to bed at six. I got half the kitchen cleaned; I did some laundry. About 2:30 though, I was looking for some kill cliff and chocolate cake. Man, did I want chocolate cake so badly. I wasn't quite as hungry last night, but I had a lot of trouble sleeping. My legs hurt. I was restless. My thoughts were sort of racing. And then I was stressed about not being able to fall asleep. Apparently I kept the hubs up quite a bit.

Today, I'm tired. Mostly I'm sure from the lack of sleep, or lack of quality sleep. I apparently still got over 7 hours. I was sore at CF this morning. I felt a little more focused in class today and a little more organized. I felt less bloated this morning, too. But I'm tired. And I'm starving right now, and I don't have any snacks! I may have to go find some nuts or something. And there's nothing available on campus that I can have. Oh well. I can make it.

Here are some other positives thus far, which is nice to see these changes already:

  • GERD seems to be improving.
  • Asthma seems to be improving.
  • Eczema seems to be improving.
  • Though the energy hasn't been entirely consistent, I've had more energy this week than I have had in a very long time. 
  • With the exception of this morning, I have felt more rested.
  • Even despite not feeling rested this morning, I still was able to make it to CF at 5 am. 
  • While I could not do the weights I wanted to or the strict pull ups like I wanted to, I still got through the workout easier than I expected to. 
  • And I really do feel less foggy during teaching the last few days. 
  • Less bloat. 
I still have a ways to go with the afternoon hunger and cravings and grumpiness, but I feel like it will eventually get better. Also, the desire to weigh myself and check my measurements is great. That is a hard temptation not to give in to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment