Saturday, February 11, 2017

Better than yesterday.

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I was straight up ready to quit. Like near tears yesterday morning  and last night ready to throw in the towel. I have accumulated a severe carb deficit. This morning I woke up so depressed that I spent hours fighting the tears because I'm frustrated and upset that the progress hasn't been as fast as I had seen in the past (as I blogged about yesterday). I got a decent amount of sleep last night, so I should have been feeling better this morning, but I wasn't.

Mostly, I've just been worried about getting enough calories these last two weeks. I've been logging my food most of the time to make sure I'm getting enough fat and calories. The protein has been easy, and I've been trying to keep my carbs around 100 grams, but it's not enough. At least not for me. So this morning I went and found my personalized macro plan, googled fruits and veggies with high carbs, and made a plan. It's not even noon and I've already had about 105g carbs, without breaking the Whole30 protocol, and I'm feeling significantly better already. I've mapped out my food for the rest of the day, and I'm not going to meet my carbs or the macro ratio for the day, but it will be the closest it's been since about September. I'm glad that the hubs wouldn't let me quit. Usually, he tells me to eat (especially if I'm talking about food nonstop) and makes me give it up. But he sees how sick I've been, and I'm glad he's encouraging me to figure out how to do this without breaking protocol. When I tried her diet  , after not even a week he made me quit. (I don't recommend it at all. It fxcked up my metabolism big time). Sure my belly shrunk, but that was it. My point is, he says he's noticed changes even if I haven't.

So, I'm going to work from a return to my macros while still adhering to a Whole30 protocol and see if this doesn't make me feel better. If I have to make smoothies every morning to help get my carbs, so be it. If I have to give up my bulletproof coffee for a while to get my fat balanced a little bit better, so be it. I want performance as much as I want a healthy body and a fit body composition. I know the macro counting works. But I need the reset of the Whole30. I've got to work harder to figure this out.

So, that's it. I don't feel like quitting today. A little tweaking, a little troubleshooting, better planning, and I should be on the upswing. And the kid has some more medicine, so we should all be getting some more sleep, which will help dramatically, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment