Friday, February 10, 2017

Day 12.

Argh. That is all I have to say is "argh."

Okay, not really, but I have to admit, this is by far the worst Whole30 I've ever had. Maybe it's stress. Maybe it's anxiety. Maybe it's a lack of sleep. But I have felt worse this week than last week.

I'm tired. I'm emotional. I'm fxcking starving! It has never been quite like this for me before. Usually by this time I'm rockin it. No. Not right now. I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on. And perhaps I'm just not being patient and should not compare it to past experiences. And it's not even a full two weeks in, so again, maybe I need patience.

The eczema is getting better. The GERD and the allergies seem to have improved a little bit, but not so much that there is a noticeable difference. It's just frustrating. I'm super tired of coughing. Like really really tired of it. It's so annoying. And I don't want to take any more medicine.

Overall, I guess my energy level has improved. It's not where I expected it to be (especially compared to the big energy boosts I had last week) nor where I want it to be. Now, it's possible this isn't the fault of the Whole30, but rather the kid. All week, she's had me up anywhere from 2-4 times a night since Sunday night, so I've not gotten one solid uninterrupted night's sleep yet. And I've not gotten more than a couple of hours at a time either. It's her telltale sign that she's getting sick, and I should have tried to get her into the doctor earlier this week. Now it's too late and they're booked and I have to take her to open clinic tomorrow morning. Sigh.

Perhaps it's also the lack of sleep affecting my depression. I was hoping the obnoxiously clean eating would counteract that, and maybe it has to some degree that I just can't see yet.

I have more to report on, but that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment