Sunday, October 7, 2012

Days 4-6

I was bad and lazy with the food prep this week. Fortunately there are two places we can eat Paleo that are actually Whole30 compliant. There's a place we can get killer salads and fajitas without the fixings work, too. It's not ideal, and the goal is now not to eat out for the next three weeks, Paleo/Whole30 or not.

I think I'm on the upswing here as far as energy and perhaps finally getting over whatever I was sick with, I hope anyway. Of course, it could be the switch back to half caff rather than full decaf--the Whole30 headaches and crappiness along with caffeine withdrawal headaches AND stomach aches was too much for me. I should have started with half caff and then moved to 1/4 caff rather than working backwards here, but oh well. I will strive for a full caffeine ween over Thanksgiving break when I can nap and rest more.

I think I've been sleeping better. My stomach bloat has been steadily decreasing all week since starting the Whole30 again. I can't tell with my hips though, but I'll have to go by my clothes. We'll see how that plays out.

Key for me is keeping the stress level down. If I can keep the stress down and the cortisol levels where they should be, then I should be able to lose the belly bloat and the hip bloat. We'll see. But yesterday was the best I've felt in a while, even after a totally gnarly workout. And I'm sore today, but yesterday the Boudreaux was feeling horrible after the workout, but I felt okay. And I feel pretty good today.

Recap--
Stress--Better these last couple days. I've been able to get some rest, and I've had a couple of easy class days. It also helps knowing that in 2/3 classes I've got the material well under control for the rest of the quarter certainly makes things a bit better. And I feel confident that I can finish the novel I'm teaching this week today, and that I should be able to get started on the one for next week this week, too. That all helps.

Sleep--Better. Last couple of nights, no melatonin, so that's a plus.

Food--whole30 compliant, but could still be making better choices. I've noticed though that eliminating the ton of fruit that I used to eat in the morning and eating eggs and berries for breakfast has cut down on my hunger tremendously throughout the day.  I've also been more aware at how many nuts I consume, and measure out the almond butter and use it sparingly. I've had more veggies this time, and more protein and fats with lunch which keeps me from needing to snack as much when I get home before dinner. I'm learning much more this time around about myself and what is the best way for me to eat that will cut down on sugar cravings and fill me up. A more filling breakfast seems to be key for me here. Same for lunch. I think for me, keeping the majority of the calories in early in the day might work better for me. We'll see at the end of the month!



No comments:

Post a Comment