Sunday, October 14, 2012

Days 12-13

Argh! That is how all of my blog posts seem to be starting lately.

Just when I think I've turned the corner, BAM! Right back to sick or exhausted or unable to sleep or whatever again.

I think being sick, early PMS, and the inability to get more than one night in a row of solid sleep is what is prompting some intense sugar cravings. It's Day 14; these things should be gone by now, especially since I don't eat non Paleo desserts anymore (and not since this Whole30 started). But OH.MY.GOD. These last few days have been absolutely brutal. I have wanted all manner of terrible things. It's been months, months I tell you, since I've craved pizza, but this week. Oh man, I've been so close to caving. And my stomach aches--man, I've really only wanted ginger ale and rice. Fortunately I've found that ginger tea and slivered almonds do a fine job of settling tummies. Or at least mine.

And the craving for Boudreaux's Paleo ice cream and some Paleo Magic Shell continues to grow. It's so annoying. By this time last time, I was over all of this.

I think the lack of sleep is the culprit. I'm wired in the mornings, even despite lack of sleep, slumpy and grouchy in the afternoons (but I won't nap because I don't want it to disrupt my sleep even more), and then wired again after dinner. This is a stress/cortisol issue. And I seriously don't know what else to do right now. So maybe I just have to suck it up and keep pushing through, make sure I continue to get healthy foods in me, and see if this week is any different. I need to get some more melatonin then, too, which I wish I didn't need right now, but I need sleep more.

We'll see how today goes. I got about 7 hours of sleep, but I was also up at 4:30, so meh. It's a toss up. I was really hoping to catch up and get about 10 hours, but when Boudreaux has drill, I may as well have drill. And he gets tomorrow off. I don't. So whatever. We'll see how the next couple of days go.

No comments:

Post a Comment