Sunday, August 19, 2012

Treat Night/Cheat Night

It was a modest one as I struggle to recover from vacay.

And poor Boudreaux is so tired of Mexican that I think he's ready to make a run for the Canadian border, but I can't get enough fajitas in me, and it's really the most Paleo friendly of the eating out variety.

But I had me some chips and salsa. Oh yes. They were wonderful. For Boudreaux, it's sandwiches. That's the thing he has to know he can have with the 85/15 rule. At least one sandwich every week or two. I thought for me it'd be pizza, even of the GF variety or some dark chocolate or a GF cookie here and there. And you know, yesterday at the movie theatre I had some of Boudreaux's milk chocolate covered almonds (The Expendables 2--killer, btw). I was unimpressed. I never thought that would happen--that I wouldn't enjoy chocolate. Or at least milk chocolate. Perhaps had they been dark chocolate that'd be a different story.

I digress.

It turns out I really missed chips and salsa. Corn tortilla chips and salsa. Now, I probably won't buy chips and salsa and bring that home, but if I can have them on a Saturday night when we go out to eat, then I can live with that. And chips and salsa should be occasional anyway.

And we had wine. A very lovely Cabernet as we watched Arachnoquake.

And we had an awesome work out in the morning and then helped some friends with their CrossFit commercial.

It was a treat of an entire day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment